Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good Times at Handless Manor

So, here's the four-one-one: Sarah had surgery on her right wrist again (she'd already had surgery on that hand last July). The doctor went in and cleared away some torn and loose ligament tissue that had been so painful for Sarah. This will hopefully do away with future problems regarding her hand. Of course, she refuses my idea of removing her pesky human hand and replacing it with an interchangeable hook hand. She could use a hook for cleaning, typing, changing Scout, etc.; change it out for sewing scissors, then exchange it for a remote control for watching TV, and then maybe a pipe for evening time. You get the idea. Anyway, since Sarah is one-handed for about a month, we called in some reinforcements in the form of Grandma Anderson (code name- "Mommy Bones") and our good family friend Lindsay (code name- "Lindsay Danger"). So for two weeks, Sarah has enjoyed help around the house with Scout etc., and our family has enjoyed some very nice visiting time with a couple of wild ladies. Thanks guys! Below are some pictures of the goings down-


Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures with grandma, but here's Scout wearing one of the super-cute aprons that grandma made for Scout whilst she eats and helps Sarah with the cooking. Thanks Mommy Bones!





I think Scout and Lindsay were born to be BFF's!

6 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Lindsay looks so cute in your apron Sarah! I bet that was such a fun week!
Oh and I NEED that pattern! Sorry I haven't called you back yet...it's been sick day over here. Tuesday should work great for a play date unless the girls are still sniffling...

Anonymous said...

Hi Cedric and Sarah,
This is Kendall from Reno...remember from the singles ward?! Zac Pennepacker told me awhile back that you had a blog and to check it out. Scout is sooo cute. You guys are such a cute family. And whats even better is that you all look so happy. Im married now...so whenever you all are back in Reno you should come over for dinner or something. I really enjoyed you two when you were in town. I dont know how to get ahold of you...but heres my info if you want to catch up! kendall_mac@earthlink.net or 775-720-0826. Hope all is well!

Love, Kendall

Rebecca said...

Cedric, that blog was too funny. Bummer you had to have the surgery again Sarah, does that a common senario? Can I be enlisted in the code name patrol to help out with Scout?!!!

Melanee said...

So, you guys know we live close by right? Call us if you need anything!

moldy said...

dude whats your email adress? I can't find it.

Maria said...

I'm sad I'm missing out on the fun! I'm so sorry about the hand surgery, no good! Well, hopefully it will turn out good, but no good that it hurts right now. Good luck with everything! We miss you guys so much!