Late at night, all dressed in black, below a moonlit sky,
I sneak into the orchard and I suck the apples dry.
The bitter juice of lemon fruit, with ripened nectarine
makes nice dessert for artichokes with turnips, beets and beans
Yes, oranges, peaches, passion fruit, zucchinis, peas and pears,
had better not stay out at night, and if they do-BEWARE!
For, in the early morning, farmers find the peels and rinds,
and shriveled up tomatoes hanging sadly on the vines.
And gardeners and cultivators grasp their produce tight
for fear that I, the Veggie Vampire, strike again tonight!
3 comments:
I love the poem and I love the picture...you seriously need to do a short little book of poems Ced. See you tonight!
you're so good Cedric. How long does it take you to write your poems? Have you tried composing one in Spanish?
Ruth, this is for you-
hola, hola, hola, seƱor.
Ya, vengo pronto con un tenedor.
Voy a matarte con mucho dolor,
con mucho dolor, con mucho dolor.
Y la muchacha es una borracha,
a ella le gusta comer cucarachas.
Y la muchacha es una borracha, es una borracha es una borracha.
Post a Comment