Here's the short version of the long story- Sarah's BFF, Lindsay, asked her friend, Mike, if he would show us all around behind the scenes at Sea World. Mike is a researcher there and has full access to pretty much everywhere. We saw, and interacted with, Beluga whales, dolphins, baby sea turtles, a pilot whale, a walrus, bamboo sharks, a fur seal, a HUGE polar bear, and the list goes on. It was completely EPIC! Here are some pictures and a video:












9 comments:
Whoa that is rad!
I want to give a dolphin a hug. They look like nice animals.
So cool! And can we visit you in September?! We'll be gone the third weekend, but if you have any other Saturdays that month that work, we'd love to come visit! We miss you and we need to meet Baxter! (wow, lots of exclamations)
What a great experience for all!! Baxter looks bewildered and Scout sure is exercising good judgement in cautiously throwing fish to the whale. That's G'ma's girl!!
I think when my students complain about cleaning people who are "long in the tooth", I'll show them the picture of the walrus and tell them that they could be cleaning his teeth :).
whoa! that is cool. wow. Seriously, the show doesn't get any better than that!
WOW! Totally cool!
Wow! That is crazy! I like you Whale kiss Sarah! Haha, I am glad the kids were not fish bait! Baxter is cute!
So awesome you guys!! I love the picture of Sarah being kissed by the dolphin. I bet Baxter and Scout though that was just the coolest thing ever!
So fun!
Miss you all,
Ruth
I think now would be a good time to post more pictures and stories. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment