Thursday, March 20, 2008

It felt way bigger than it looked!

I was just about to go to bed. It had been a long day full of purchases, such as shoes for me and Scout. (courtesy of Grandma) As I was walking to the bathroom I felt something move underfoot. I jumped forward only slightly at first, then I leaped up to the bathroom counter. What was under my foot was a very small, yet very scary snake! Early on in the day the doors to the house had been open for a long period of time. My dad had left the stove on and a pan with bacon grease burned. Thus, filling up the house with smoke, so of course, the smoke had to be set free. This is why the doors were open. The little snake must have taken advantage and entered at that time. I screamed "snake" and my parents started with a plan to fix the problem. My Mom put on her boots and retrieved the broom from the closet. Just when she was about to attack the animal my Dad said,"Irene don't kill it." My Mom proceeded to whack the snake until death while saying, "Yes Jim, I'm going to kill it. I'm killing it." She sounded crazy. My Dad scooped the snake up and took it to the outside garbage as instructed by my Mom and myself. We all settled down and went to sleep. (Scout was not harmed, whacked, or woken by the beating of the snake)


5 comments:

Cedric Anderson said...

What a bunch of candy-fannin', apple-slappin', bubble-scrubbin' city-slickers! That poor snake had no idea what he was in for.

Elder and Sister Anderson said...

Look at the SIZE of the thing! I'm surprised he didn't devour one of you - close call!

moldy said...

at first i thought cedric was writing this. that didn't make sense then i caught wise. then i saw the snake but thought it was a tapeworm and was pretty grossed out. then i figured it all out. i think i need more sleep.

Hannah Stevenson said...

That is HA-larious...thanks for adding the exchange between your parents...I'm crying I'm laughing so hard...that is EXACTLY what Jeff would say and EXACTLY what I would have done and said back. Way to KILL that snake Irene!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Okay I just enlarged that picture of Irene in her polka dot pajamas and boots...I'm crying over here CRYING!!!