Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


It's the day to praise the women in our life who are brave enough to become mothers, which is more stressful and dangerous than climbing Mount Everest naked, according to a 2007 survey of Nepalese women who have done both. Sarah is the brave one to whom Scout and I sing praise today. Sarah is a strong, smart, feisty and faithful woman. I thank her for her love, hard work and patience. I also thank her for her obedience to her faith, which is both helpful and inspiring to me. Now, Scout wrote a poem that she would like to share.
"Mommy"
By Samantha Scout Anderson

My mom is so pretty, so lovely and sweet,
she's smart and she's tidy, so clean and so... orderly.
She loves my ol' dad, and she loves me, I'm sure,
with a love that's unspoiled, untainted and... virtuous.
I love her so much, and i just want to say,
that I hope that she has such a nice Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Awe Scout you are such a nice little girl to say such nice things about your Mama...she is everything you and your Dad said...except you forgot to add that she is really good at making paisley love seats look amazing...now that is a gift! Happy Mother's Day Sarah. We love you!

Britta said...

Wow! Scout, you have a gift. So, next year will you be going to kindergarten? Cute Ceddy! You are an amazing husband who charish's your wife. She definately deserves it too. Happy Mothers day, Sarah!