Thursday, December 18, 2008
Christmas Has Come
I will try to make this story brief, but I felt like I should post it to hopefully spread some Christmas cheer (without getting anyone drunk...). So, my record player stopped working about a month ago, which was really bad timing because we have a handful of great Christmas albums on vinyl that we enjoy listening to. This is the third Christmas Sarah and I have spent together and so far we have always listened to our records, so we thought this year would just be a bummer. Well, our home-teacher, the infamous brother Brian Phillips, is a graduate student in the electrical engineering program here at BYU so I thought I'd ask him if there was anything he could do to try and fix it. Well, to make a long story longer, he came over and we disassembled the record player and he told me the motor was shot. After finding out that in order to get a new motor, we would have to make a bulk order of at least a thousand motors, we felt a little helpless. Well, my calling-magnifying home-teacher is not easily daunted so he took the motor apart to see if he could fix it. He did indeed fix it. He came over tonight and we reassembled the record player and then stood in silence and listened to the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies from The Nutcracker. Brian didn't have to take time to do this for me, especially during finals week, but he did and I'm very grateful. Merry Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey dude, seriously, i have something for you and it is a new record player, just like the one you have. i have 2 of them. i kid you freaking not. if you claim it, it is yours. kind of like field of dreams, but not as well, so prop 8 if you know what i mean.
I can think of no better way to listen to holiday music than with a record player
you should have fixed it yourself, wuss.
Post a Comment