Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pictures and an Update

Baxter is still in the NICU.  The reasons change everyday.  Today it is eating and an aspiration/oxygen issue.  Also, reflux is going full force.  Reflux is no fun for babies or parents, but Cedric and I are prepared to deal with it as Scout had severe reflux issues 'till 18 months.  As it goes for NICU babies he is doing well and was upgraded to a less intensive nursery just a few days ago.  He is likley to be there for at least another week and a half.  He is "oh so very cute" even with all the stuff attached to him.

Of course, it can't just be one kid having issues!  Scout had surgery last Thursday for tubes and an adnoidectomy (spelling ?).  That was a crazy day. Listen people if you can avoid putting your little one through general anesthesia then you are lucky.  She was so combative and crazy coming out of it.  She was screaming, kicking and trying to pull out her IV.  Popsicles really saved the day. That wasn't it.  Last night she was having really shallow, fast breathing and running a high fever.  She is still feverish today and very sick.

I am greatful to have these experiences and also really greatful I only have 2 kids whose bad health is only temporary.

My mom left today and Cedric's mom is here this week.  Thanks to both of you.  We love you.

Here are some pictures.





He was really hungry!  It was a good thing to see him care about food!



5 comments:

RuthandJordan said...

Sarah,
Thanks for the update, we will keep praying for Baxter and you guys. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. You're such a strong person and I very much admire you for that. We wish we were there with you guys, we'll make sure to pray for you guys everyday...we'll even tell Massey to pray for Baxter.
Love you guys!
Ruth and Jordan

Devon and Alicia said...

Seeing those pictures brings back so many memories of when Ava was in the NICU after birth. Mixed feelings about your baby being there because it is hard on you, but you see the other babies struggling and you are just so grateful for your own babies health. Aren't the nurses there just wonderful? Please call if you need anything and we will keep you guys in our prayers as well. He is super cute! We would be happy to watch Scout anytime!

Britta said...

He IS so cute! And Scout is adorable holding her little brother.
I'm sorry she is sick, and hope she is better soon. We love and pray for you guys!

Hannah Stevenson said...

OH he is such a cutie and Scout looks like the perfect big sister. Can't wait to see her tomorrow! Laurel and Maisy will be thrilled. Those pictures in the NICU bring back a lot of bittersweet memories. We are praying for you guys and little Baxter and can't wait to hold him in our arms.

Sarah you are amazing. I wish I could just come through this computer and give you a big hug. Keep being the strong, beautiful mama that you are.

And I give you permission to cry as much as you want!

Love you guys.

Moldy said...

Geez that sucks you got two kids all messed up. If I can do anything let me know.