Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home for the Holidays

This Christmas season has been one for the record books. Sarah flew to Sacramento with Scout to visit Grandma and Grandpa Durand then met me in Reno for festivities with the Anderson family. Nevada is a wondrous land full of magical things. Don't believe me? Then come along, I'll take you on an old fashioned Christmas in Reno, Nevada.



First off is the trip from Utah to Reno. In a truck stop bathroom, a guy can get pretty much anything he needs, including a fresh squirt of his choice of cologne for only 25 cents! Feel fantastic! Refresh Yourself!



Our next stop is Great Grandma Dahl's ranch house, snuggled tight against the Ruby mountains in beautiful Northern Nevada. Here's me saying "what's up" to Randolph, the door man.



Besides close friends and family, the next best reason to come to Nevada is that unlike their unlucky neighbor, Utah, they have a delicious place to eat called Jack in the Box. Get on board, Utah!



On Christmas Eve morning, Jordan and Ruth had everyone over for a delicious breakfast. Here's Jordan giving the camera a "thumbs up". What a guy.



Uncle Bill and Aunt Debbie dropped by the Anderson Compound to say hello while we were there. Two of the most lovable people in the region of Northern Nevada.



Scoping out the new house mom and dad are building (or should I say paying lots of money to have professionals build...).



Mom and Dad looking cool in their new "scripture blankets."













Random Cute Pictures Of Scout.

6 comments:

moldy said...

dood I remember that Cologne dispenser! It was worth the 25cents!(man i just had to try it!)

Callie Canlas said...

I'm glad it all worked out and the damage isn't too bad on your car...if you don't have plans for New Year's come on over. We're not sure what we're doing, but it'll be belly filling and fun!

Britta said...

Scout is so cute. Mom and Dad's "scripture blankets" are pretty cool. Did someone make those?

Hannah Stevenson said...

I love that picture of Sarah with Scout in the stocking...your two beautiful ladies. Ced, it was a fun adventure on Friday...I'm glad we got to do it together. I hope all works out with the house and the car and everything...it will you two are livin' right. I MISS SARAH!!!

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

britta, those blankets were store bought by grandma and grandpa anderson. they zip up and have little snaps so they stay on you all the time. they're awesome.

Dann said...

I knew Nevada was the most glamorous of the states, but truck stop cologne dispensers and black lawn jockeys?!

I'm proud to say I'm an American.